After you finish this novel, you'll be sure to do an inventory of your food storage. So, here's a list that I pulled off of Ready.gov of supplies that you should have in case of an emergency.
* Water, one gallon of water per person per day for at least three days, for drinking and sanitationIf you haven't read The Way We Fall, Megan Crewe is giving away some great prize packs that include signed hardcovers of her books. Check out her blog for more info on how to win.
* Food, at least a three-day supply of non-perishable food
* Battery-powered or hand crank radio and a NOAA Weather Radio with tone alert and extra batteries for both
* Flashlight and extra batteries
* First aid kit
* Whistle to signal for help
* Dust mask to help filter contaminated air and plastic sheeting and duct tape to shelter-in-place
* Moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties for personal sanitation
* Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
* Manual can opener for food
* Local maps
* Cell phone with chargers, inverter or solar charger
And, while you're at her site, take a peek at the excerpt she has posted.
What is a survival must-have for you? List three things in the comments that you'd need in case of an emergency. (Flood, fire, zombie attack, etc.)