Tara’s Top Ten Favorite Paranormal YA Books:
10. Nevermore, by Kelly Creagh. This is one is SERIOUSLY spooky
9. Before I Fall, by Lauren Oliver. Not exactly paranormal, but this one literally gave me flashbacks to high school
8. Paranormalcy, by Kiersten White. Hilarity and butt-kicking blonds? It’s like I’m back with Buffy again.
7. Starcrossed, by Josephine Angelini. Man, are you guys going to love this one. All those “cinematic” comments are true.
6. Die for Me, by Amy Plum. By my fellow Harper Dark Days-er, this one has got it all: beautiful writing, great setting, eerie but hot love interest,
5. Across the Universe, by Beth Revis. This one appeals to my inner Trekkie. I heart space, even when it’s claustrophobic.
4. Nightshade, by Andrea Cremer. A subtly genius portrayal of gender politics, shining through awesome action and romance.
3. Hush, Hush, by Becca Fitzpatrick. I like my mystery and my bad boys!
2. Impossible, by Laura Werlin. Just the right mix of humor, sweetness, mystery, and myth.
1. Twilight, by Stephenie Meyer. Of course, right?
Synopsis: Can there truly be love after death?
Drifting in the dark waters of a mysterious river, the only thing Amelia knows for sure is that she’s dead. With no recollection of her past life—or her actual death—she’s trapped alone in a nightmarish existence. All of this changes when she tries to rescue a boy, Joshua, from drowning in her river. As a ghost, she can do nothing but will him to live. Yet in an unforgettable moment of connection, she helps him survive.
Amelia and Joshua grow ever closer as they begin to uncover the strange circumstances of her death and the secrets of the dark river that held her captive for so long. But even while they struggle to keep their bond hidden from the living world, a frightening spirit named Eli is doing everything in his power to destroy their newfound happiness and drag Amelia back into the ghost world . . . forever.
Thrilling and evocative, with moments of pure pleasure, Hereafter is a sensation you won’t want to miss.